In AYSO, we want all players, coaches, families and volunteers to have fun. That’s where Kids Zone comes in. Kids Zone is a program that encourages fans on the sidelines, and anyone else near the play, to use positive language, show sportsmanship in their attitude and behavior, and create a great experience for every player. It’s a reminder that the soccer fields are a kid’s zone – a friendly, happy, wholesome place for children to play.
The Kids Zone Pledge – parents and spectators are asked to sign the pledge and agree to the following guidelines:
- Kids are No. 1.
- Fun, not winning is everything.
- Fans only cheer, and only coaches coach.
- No yelling in anger.
- Respect the volunteer referees.
- No swearing or abusive behavior.
- No alcohol, tobacco or drugs.
- No weapons.
- Leave no trash behind.
- Set a proper example of sportsmanship.